Friday, February 14, 2014

Er, music? On a Friday?

I realized I have written two quite philosophical posts in a row and so today I will blog about food and writing updates and chronicles from the revision tunnel.

Brief update/Not so frequently asked FAQ/conversation with self:

Q: Hi!
A: Hey. :) You look fabulous today. 

Q: What's up?
A: You're asking what is up? Snow. Lots of snow. Snowsnowsnowsnow. Some days have gotten so cold, really. It's 30 degrees out and almost feels like summer. 

Q: Any good books lately?
A: I recently read The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson. I loved it and there was a page in the book full of MATH PICKUP LINES and it was the sweetest. Definitely a recommendation. 
ALSO; I read an ARC of Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard and SO MANY FEELS. 

OH OH OH Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is officially  2015 Abe Lincoln award nominee! 

Q; Books you're excited for?
A: Dreams of Gods and Monsters, by Laini Taylor. April is so far awaaaayyyyyy. :(

Q: How is revisionland?
A: Hm. It's going okay. By okay, I mean with some moaning and writing and drinking way too much tea and thinking way too much about imaginary people. Being in revisions is like being stuck on that Lethargic Island or something like that in The Phantom Tollbooth; time passes so slowly and everything takes FOREVARRR. 
On the bright side, I now have a taste in music. :) :) :)

Q: Any music recommendations?
A: Definitely. Anything by Bastille. Anything. 



That's it! I'm quite close, actually, to finishing this round of revisions. Which is awesome. 



2 comments:

  1. I feel the need to tell you JUST how jealous I am that you read an ARC of Strange and Ever After. I am VERY jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I felt really lucky, too. I know the wait till July is long, but I do promise that Susan delivers something that does not disappoint. It was really, really good.

    ReplyDelete